Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Reasons to Live

For anyone out there who is suicidal, who has ever wondered why they exist, who feel completely and utterly alone, or for those of you that have secrets that you want to share but can't quite bring yourself to, I hope you give your life a second chance. It's never too late to be what you could have been.
I know that a lot of people seem to think, once you turn a certain age, you're a superfluous being and any of your accomplishments can't hold a candle to those that were achieved at a younger age. Quevenzhane Wallis, for example, was renowned for being nominated for an Oscar. However, the fact that she was 9 was particularly emphasized. It is spectacular to win such a prestigious award at any age. She won it at 9 because she put a lot of time and effort into it, and she realized her passion at an early age. Another example that is used a lot is Mozart, who composed his first symphony at 7. Again, Mozart did so because he grew up in a household with a musical genius for a father, and playing instruments was greatly encouraged. I wrote a book (albeit a very, very brief one) when I was 6, because I interested in writing. It doesn't make me smarter or more talented than anyone else. I set a goal and I went for it.
In addition to this, a lot of people don't have a prolific life because they feel the burden of expectations, are afraid of failure, lack the motivation, etc. IF YOU DID NOT DO ANY OF THESE THINGS WHEN YOU WERE A KID/ADOLESCENT, YOU ARE NOT DUMB, AND YOU ARE MOST DEFINITELY NOT ALONE.
It is NOT too late for you or anyone else.
And...here are some examples of people that fulfilled their aspirations at a later age.
S.S. Kresge founded Kmart at 94. Nola Ochs graduated college at 95. Johanna Quas is 87 and currently holds the title for the world's oldest gymnast. "Grandma" Moses didn't start painting until age 76.
People who were rejected:
J.K. Rowling was declined a dozen times, Agatha Christie 6, Margaret Mitchell 38, Anne Frank's diary, 15, and John Grisham, 30 times.
Ellen Degeneres was originally an oyster shucker. Walter Disney's initial position was as a newspaper editor. Yo-Yo Ma's first instrument was a violin before he excelled at cello.

“For what it’s worth: it’s never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There’s no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again.”-Eric Roth
Please, please, please, please, I beg of you; if you feel as though you don't have anyone, think again. You have me. Feel free to contact me at any time if you are feeling alone, unwanted, hurt, depressed, as if you don't have a future, or any other reason.
Thank you for reading. Have a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment